Why Choose Us:
“Our program is the perfect blend of
structure and exploration.”
The majority of our staff are state certified teachers or educators.
We maintain a student/teacher ratio of 6:1. This supports our philosophy and allows us the opportunity to support individual growth or provide challenges as needed.
Our 1950’s house turned “little red school house” and rural setting provide a peace of mind and sense of ownership for students.
We immerse children into experiences to introduce new learning topics amidst history and our natural environment, which makes Little Red a very exciting place for children to learn.
Are to provide…
…a loving learning environment
…a stimulating environment to explore art and music
...a readiness for the next level of learning
Are to offer opportunities for students to develop…
…fine and gross motor skills
…imagination and participation
…a positive attitude toward those around them
…appropriate means of expressing emotions
…increased choices in
…cooperative play and
…increased self-confidence and emerging independent skills
and to encourage exploration of…
…science, language and math
… our history and culture
…the new world around them.
The word “discipline” comes from the word “disciple,” which means “one who is taught.” Teaching children behaviors that promote their well-being and a caring attitude towards others is a valued component of our program. We believe children learn best when they feel safe and are receptive to information. Techniques we feel best accomplish this are those that encourage children to develop inner control over their behavior and increase their number of positive choices.
Strategies used by our staff to reach the goal of helping our students become self-directed and exhibit self-control include the following:
* Our staff structures all classroom activities and arranges physical space to promote positive social interactions during group activities.
* We maintain realistic expectations of children.
* Consistent and clear limits are set.
* Redirecting inappropriate behaviors toward desired outcomes.
* Noticing positive behavior and ignoring
misbehavior when appropriate.
* Providing logical and natural consequences for children's actions.
* Encouraging children to use their words to solve problems and elicit peer cooperation.
* Giving children choices between two appropriate alternatives.
* Occasional in-sight separation from group when harm to self or others is imminent.
Our highly trained staff follows the Core Knowledge Preschool Sequence as they teach students within long term themes. The children are immersed into themes such as Outer Space, Under the Sea, Our Community, Dinosaurs, Spring and many more! Each day children are greeted personally! They enjoy music, sign language, The Pledge of Allegiance, V.I.P., Bible verse and morning prayer before moving to their individual classes. Each class rotates through Art, Discovery, Recess, Snack, and Classroom time. Please feel free to call and talk to the Director or a teacher for further details regarding both preschool and kindergarten curriculum's.